Small drones are great for those just getting into flying. Because they’re relatively cheap, you don’t have to worry so much about crashing—at least not as much as you would if you were flying a higher-end camera drone, which could cost $1,000 or more. Here are two drones that are the best.
UFO 4000 Stunt Drone
The UFO 4000 is a small drone that comes with fun red, white, and blue LED lights, making it a favorite toy drone pick for kids or adults who want to fly for fun.
The UFO 4000 is a great beginner option, especially if you’re looking for one of the best small drones out there for learning how to do stunts and tricks. Its propeller guards help make it tough and durable, and its straightforward remote control with 1-Key Start/Stop and easy joystick directional controls help make it suitable for both kids and adults.
Capable of performing 360° mini flips and packed with features for such a low price, including 2 speeds, 4 channels, 2 speeds, Altitude Hold, and Headless Mode, the UFO 4000 is one of our top picks among the small drones currently on the market.
Key Specs & Details
- Simple remote control. A remote controller with 1-Key Start/Stop and easy joystick directional controls
- LED lighting system. The UFO 4000 features durable propeller guards wrapped with glowing red, blue, and white LEDs making the drone durable and easier to see
- Stunt flights. The UFP 4000 comes with 4 channels, 2 speeds, Altitude Hold, and Headless Mode, and is capable of performing 360° mini flips.
- Great flight time. Enjoy up to 18 minutes of flight time—great battery life for a toy drone.
- Extra battery. The UFO 4000 comes with a second battery, which will help you stay in the air even longer.
Scoot Mini Drone
Of all the models we chose for our list of the best small drones on the market, the Scoot Mini Drone is the only one that flies hands-free. Its ability to fly with advanced hands-free technology makes it a great drone for both kids and adults, since there are no remote control skills needed to fly.
With an enclosed frame and infrared obstacle sensors, the Scoot Mini Drone is safe for use indoors and comes with a USB charging cord, making it easy to charge anywhere.
Don’t want to wait forever just to charge your drone? The Scoot Mini charges quickly, and is ready to fly again within an hour.
The Scoot Mini has a respectable battery life of 8 minutes, giving you time to practice tricks and different maneuvers with your friends wherever you choose to fly.
Key Specs & Details
- No remote control required. This hand-controlled drone is ideal for all ages due to its ease of use. It features up w/ 1-Key Take Off/Landing and Altitude Hold
- Multiplayer games. Join in on the fun and play different games with Scoot’s simple and intuitive hand gesture flight modes.
- Advanced sensor technology. The Scoot hand-controlled drone has built-in infrared motion sensors that can detect obstacles and improve safety while in flight.
- Fly anywhere. Scoot’s small size, hands-free controls, advanced sensors, and enclosed design make it great for flying in any room in your home, office, or other indoor spaces or outside.
These are the two best mini camera drones to buy.